Thursday, August 14, 2014

"I Remembers" from the Staff at Godine: Dan


In celebration of Godine's new publication of Perec's I Remember, the office staff reflected on a few of our own I-Remember moments. Here are a few reminiscences from editorial assistant Dan Turkel:

  1. I remember waking up at seven a.m. on a Saturday to watch early morning cartoons, parents in bed but me not big enough to reach everything yet so they would leave out breakfast the night before.
  2. I remember the cathode ray TV I played video games on, with a knob for vertical-sync, another to adjust the picture quality, another for the color saturation.
  3. I remember the hard plastic door of my mother's red Dodge Caravan, where I could sometimes find a spot shaped just right to rest my head on long trips.
  4. I remember meals served on airplanes on domestic flights, free.




Check out I Remember and other Perec titles from Godine on our website!

1 comment:

  1. That is an extremely smart written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.

    ReplyDelete